Responsibilities of a Business Development Manager.
By Jennie Kakkad | Submitted On January 07, 2011.
Business development encompasses a number of activities, techniques, and strategies designed to improve efficiency and increase productivity in a business organization or firm. Professionals involved in this process of development play an integral role as they help grow an economic enterprise. Some of the various techniques and methodologies used by these professionals are marketing assessments, learning about competition in the market, generating leads, follow-up sales activity, research on target markets, and evaluation of business potential.
When appointed as a business development manager, the duties and responsibilities dramatically increase. The entire load of promoting the business, improving credibility, and increasing productivity is laid on the shoulders of the manager. He or she has multi-task roles to play in such a situation. Some of the most important responsibilities of a business development manager are as follows:
• Investigate the economic conditions of the market.
• Research on the financial issues and bring out an appropriate solution.
• Learn about the latest trends and the growing competition in the market.
• Prepare a perfect business plan in accordance to the set goals and objectives.
• Maintain financial records of the company and stay within the proposed budget throughout the life of the business.
• Improve networking with other renowned businesses in the market.
• Strengthen customer base with commitment to quality issues and high customer satisfaction.
• Learn about the expansion of other companies in the same field of business.
• Motivate employees and push to work more efficiently and logically.
• Understand the needs and requirements of the business growth plan.
• Learn about the strengths and weaknesses that someway or the other impact growth potential.
• Develop innovative techniques and adopt new strategies to keep pace with the advancing business world.
• Explore new opportunities to achieve profit targets.
• Learn about new marketing tactics and implement the same for marketing specified products and services.
• Negotiate with clients and customers to enjoy higher profit margins.
• Ensure smooth functioning of all business operations within the organization.