Business Development Manager for a Leading NGO.
Devex Candidate Sourcing United States Closing on 26 April 2014.
Devex is currently assisting a leading NGO in their search for an Business Development Manager to work in Washington, DC.
The Business Development Manager is part of the organization’s Business Development Unit (BDU) responsible for securing funding from the U.S. Government and Multilateral Donors. The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for identifying US Government (USG) opportunities for The organization across several technical and/or geographic portfolios; developing plans to compete for these funding opportunities; executing those plans, including oversight of pre-solicitation/pre-proposal activities, as well as proposal preparation and submission; and otherwise contributing to the Organization’s external representation and internal fundraising efforts as they relate to USG donors.
Roles and Responsibilities.
• Identify and track relevant upcoming USAID funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources – and inform Country Offices (COs) and relevant Organization’s technical and other partners.
• Conduct prospecting visits to Organization’s Country Offices to identify and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities.
• Manage Action s for pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning including: teaming, bid strategy, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to technical design, drafting management and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation.
• Manage major open USAID solicitations and other proposal submissions, including teaming agreements, oversight of technical design and cost proposal, PPRs, capacity statements, internal review/quality control processes, drafting sections of the proposal where appropriate.
• Represent The organization’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks, as it relates to USG funding streams.
• Contribute to the expansion of The organization’s consultant roster for key technical and bid preparation functions.
This position has up to 30% international travel.
• Masters level degree in Health, Education, international development or related technical discipline relevant for Plan’s global programs is strongly preferred; Bachelors degree in relevant discipline combined with substantive work and international field experience will be considered.
• 5 years of experience in successful proposal development for USAID and other USG donors, including pre-solicitation preparation. Experience with USAID solicitations is required; substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered within the years of experience sought.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Ability to effectively communicate with and coordinate activities of multiple partners, including field-based staff.
• Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications;
• Attention to detail;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and sense of humor;
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally, sometimes with little advance notice;
• Working knowledge of a second language: French, Spanish preferred;
• International field experience in one of the organization’s relevant technical sector is a plus.