Sales & Business Development Manager.
Date: Jun 17, 2020.
Location: SDS, Pittsburgh, US.
Sales & Business Development Manager-TRCS-USPI02251910.
SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER.
REQUISITION NUMBER: TRCS-USPI02155488.
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Sales & Business Development Manager and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
As a Sales & Business Development Manager, you be responsible for enhancing penetration of RCS products and systems in the North American Mass Transit, Commuter and Light Rail transit customers, primarily focusing on the key identified opportunities. The incumbent will lead the RCS Division Sales Development activities in North America throughout the Sales Governance Cycle (i.e. identification of opportunity, preparation of Capture Plan, leading partnering and strategy, identification of key firms, customer engagement and stakeholder management, support in bid preparation and closing the sale through negotiation).
Manage the Gate Review process:
– Lead the internal governance process for each opportunity identified, including writing and developing all internal documents required for each opportunity.
– Lead the cross-functional, cross-Divisional Gate Reviews (invitations, conference calls, create and verify Gate Review documents prior to review, prepare mandate & action logs, follow-up on actions and progress, align with marketing data, etc.).
– Manage the Bid Governance Directive, tools, and assure compliance during the proposal phase for assigned projects.
Business Development & Technical Sales:
– Build customer relationships in US and/or Canada.
– Create a plan for market penetration in specific market segments by identifying opportunities and strategies for entry; then execute each strategy.
– Regional market reviews (e.g. Regional Sales Plan).
– Business Development and Sales activities.
– Organize and coordinate customer relationships, including other industry-related trade shows and customer events.
– Develop relationship with key Consultants, Contractors and other key firms, with a view to influence the process of developing technical specifications.
– Learn and develop product and system knowledge and be self-sufficient in engaging customers & consultants in technical discussion(s) during the business development process.
– Monitor and develop key leads and opportunities, culminating in order intake from new (external) customers.
– Develop Capture Plans and Winning Strategy, including identifying and managing key partners, subcontractors, etc. in the strategy building process.
– Obtain internal mandate (commercial, contractual, and technical) for negotiation with customers.
– Build pricing and negotiation strategies to convert opportunities into orders.
– Monitor and report on key performance indicators, such as Bid hit rate and Order Intake.
– Monitor and gather key industry intelligence on markets and competition/competitive performance.
– Identify key industry trends impacting business and derive implications for current and potential strategies.
– Create and establish a foundation to provide management with a constant pulse on industry trends/issues important to the business.
– Proactively communicate and make recommendations to Sales, Management and relevant internal partners.
– Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience in Procurement, Sales or Strategy in the transportation industry.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Marketing, or Business Administration.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Sales Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh – SDS Organization: Transportation Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular Job Posting: 18.05.2020, 11:13:01 AM.
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh Job Segment: Business Development, Sales Management, Genetics, Engineer, Sales, Science, Engineering.